14 dancing dogs led by veteran trainer Wolfgang Lauenburger (Germany) have strutted their way into the record books as the most dogs in a conga line.
The previous record of nine conga-dancing dogs was set by Wolfgang’s 15-year-old daughter Alexa, an equally-talented dog trainer who has appeared on Britain’s Got Talent, America’s Got Talent, and was the winner of Das Supertalent (Germany’s equivalent of Got Talent) in 2017.
This is the second of Alexa’s records that Wolfgang has beaten. Even though the Lauenburger family are a tight-knit pack, when it comes to breaking records it’s a dog-eat-dog world.
Wolfgang now has 10 Guinness World Records titles, leaving Alexa with just one (scroll to the end for a full list!)
In order to successfully achieve this record, each dog must keep at least one paw in contact with the dog in front at all times. Once the conga line is formed, they must march a total of 5 metres (16 ft 5 in).
Although not part of the guidelines, Wolfgang and Alexa have also trained their dogs to arrange themselves in descending order of size!
The attempt took place in Safari Land Stukenbrock, an animal reserve and amusement park in Germany.
Motivated by some pre-performance treats, the dogs – one by one – formed a conga line.
The plodding pooches proceeded to maintain perfect formation as Wolfgang guided them over the required distance.
The names of the 14 record-breaking dogs are: Emma, Filou, Fin, Simon, Susy, Maya, Ulf, Speck, Bibi, Katie, Jennifer, Elvis, Charly and Cathy.
In addition to being a professional dog trainer, Wolfgang is a renowned entertainer who grew up in a circus.
He was Alexa’s main inspiration when she decided to begin training her dogs to do tricks, and her subsequent success on global talent shows has made Wolfgang immensely proud.
However, with his newest Guinness World Records title, Wolfgang proves he’s still the top dog.
All of Wolfgang Lauenburger’s records
Alexa’s remaining GWR title is for the fastest time to jump 5 hurdles on hind legs by a dog, achieved in 2019 with her trusty companion Emma (who was also part of the record-breaking conga lines!)
Here are all 10 of Wolfgang’s records:
- Most rotations by a dog on hind legs in 30 seconds: 29, achieved with Emma
- Fastest time to complete 10 m on hind legs by a dog: 2.83 seconds, achieved with Emma
- Most single A frame jump pirouettes by a dog in 30 seconds: 31, achieved with Maya
- Most spins by a dog in 30 seconds: 49, achieved with Maya
- Most roll overs by a dog in one minute: 62, achieved with Maya
- Fastest 5 m backwards by a dog: 2.33 seconds, achieved with Simon
- Most skips of a single rope by a dog and person in one minute: 65, achieved with Fin
- Most skips of a single rope by a dog and person in three minutes: 192, achieved with Fin
- Most skips by a dog on the hind legs in 30 seconds: 32, achieved with Balu
- Most dogs in a conga line: 14
Want more? Follow us across our social media channels to stay up-to-date with all things Guinness World Records! You can find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, and Snapchat Discover– including our in-depth Curious Casebook series.
Don’t forget, we’re also on YouTube!
Still not had enough? Follow the link here to buy our latest book, filled to the brim with stories about our amazing record breakers.