How do I apply to set or break a record?
- Register for an account
- You will receive an email with an activation link. Click on the link, and you will be brought to a dashboard page.
- Click on the green ‘Apply for a record’ button.
- Search for the record that you want to break.
- When you find the record, click the ‘Apply Now’ button. If you cannot find the record you can apply for a new one by clicking ‘Apply for a new record title’ at the bottom of the page.
- Complete the application form.
Visit our How to collect and submit evidence to get an idea of the evidence you need to provide as part of your record attempt.
All evidence must be submitted online. You can upload your evidence by logging into your account. Please do not send evidence to Guinness World Records by post as all file types are accepted online.
After this, our expert Records Management Team will assess your evidence. If your attempt is verified as successful, you will be eligible for one complimentary Official GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ Record-Holder Certificate to confirm your record-holder status!
Unfortunately we are unable to respond to letters, so please make an application online or check our contact page.
Please do not send us evidence before submitting an application and receiving your guidelines, as we will not be able to process it.