Attempt a record for Guinness World Records Day
Attempt an official GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS title on GWR Day (Thursday 14 November)More about GWR Day
GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS Day celebrates the extraordinary achievements of ordinary people all over the world. Be a part of the celebrations this year by making your own history.
Apply for a record
If you are making the exciting decision to attempt a record (either as an individual or in a small team), and would like to do it on GWR Day 2019, simply start your application and select the event "GWR Day 2019" when prompted (you will need to be able to make your record attempt on 14 November).
Apply for one of our 40,000 current record titles by 1700 BST on Friday 20 September 2019 to receive your rules and evidence requirements in time for GWR Day on Thursday 14 November.
Remember to also share pictures and videos of your attempt with us on social media on GWR Day itself:
Need some record-breaking inspiration?
If you're looking for some ideas of what to attempt, don't forget the GWR Day page has suggested themes such as a team effort or making something.
Alternatively you can search our website to find a record title which suits you, or read the stories of some of our record holders listed below, including:
- Jenny Graham - fastest circumnavigation by bicycle (female)
- Aaron Fotheringham - three extreme wheelchair records
- Eva Clarke - the mother with a host of fitness records
- Simon Berry - dunking a biscuit from a 73-m bungee jump
- Equal Playing Field - highest altitude football (soccer) match on Mount Kilimanjaro
- Fastest hole of golf by a team of four