On 29 July 2022, Schreiber Foods Inc. (USA) achieved the Guinness World Records title for the largest macaroni and cheese with the help of their employees in Logan, Utah.
The American food company cooked a super-sized macaroni and cheese weighing in at a whopping 2,151 kg (4,742 lb 2.29 oz), setting a new world record.
To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the manufacturing plant in Logan, Utah, Schreiber Foods’ employees rolled up their sleeves outside the facility and created the ginormous macaroni and cheese, which was then distributed to more than two thousand people on site.
It took the team 3 hours and 26 minutes to cook the recipe, which included:
- 928.5 kg (2,047 lb) of cooked macaroni
- 478.53 kg (1,055 lb) of cheese
- 543.85 kg (1,199 lb) of whole milk
- 72.57 kg (160 lb) of butter
Brittany Dunn, official adjudicator from Guinness World Records, was present at the record attempt to verify the record and confirm the weight of the macaroni and cheese.
The public was invited to eat the thousands of servings of "mac ‘n cheese". In addition, Schreiber Foods partnered with a local food pantry to donate any remaining food.
The celebration came during Schreiber’s inaugural Week of Giving, which fits with Schreiber’s ongoing vision to do good through food every day.
Schreiber’s 40-plus locations around the world dedicated July 24-30 to giving back to their communities through volunteering, food donations and other activities.
"We’re proud to provide delicious food, and even prouder to know the small acts of good we did this week are making an impact in our communities around the world," added Carlsen.
The entire process was overseen by an environmental health scientist and regulator in the food industry for the State of Utah Department of Agriculture and Food who was also on site to ensure food safety.
The record to beat was 1,119.91 kg (2,469 lbs). Achieved by Cabot Creamery Cooperative and Chef John Folse & Company (both USA) in Fulton Square in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA on 23 September 2010.
Curious about other large food records? Here are some recent ones:
- Largest chicken nugget - 20.960 kg (46 lb 3.34 oz) by Nick DiGiovanni (USA) and Lynn Davis (Japan)
- Largest vegan burger - 162.5 kg (358 lb 4 oz), by Finnebrogue Artisan (Northern Ireland)
- Largest serving of breakfast rolls - 2,091, by Primo Foods (Australia)
- Largest Causa - 590.65 kg (1,302.16 lb) by Universidad San Ignacio Loyola S.A. and Universidad Nacional de San Antonio Abad del Cusco (both Peru)
Does your brand have what it takes to set a Guinness World Records title and create buzz? Visit our Business Solutions page to find out how we can help or contact us.