Longest marathon ironing
Gareth Sanders
100 hour(s):minute(s):second(s)
United Kingdom (Bristol)
Age Restriction: Applications for this record title will only be accepted if the applicant is 16 years of age or over.

The longest marathon ironing is 100 hours and was achieved by Gareth Sanders (UK) in Bristol, UK, from 26 to 30 October 2015

Gareth attempted this record at a local Asda Superstore in order to raise funds for charity.

"The question I get asked most often is why ironing? Simple, 60% of the UK population don’t iron, out of the remaining 40% three-quarters of these don’t iron unless they have to, work shirts, school uniforms etc. and the final 10% (6.4 Million) enjoy doing it. This record has also only been set twice with me being the third and I was attempting to double the original record. So who would try and beat it?"

It took Gareth over two weeks to fully recover from the attempt.