- Prabhat Koli
- 19:8 year(s):day(s)
- United Kingdom ()
Prabhat Koli (India, b. 27 July 1999) swam across the North Channel from Northern Ireland to Scotland, UK, on 4 August 2018 aged 19 years 8 days, as verified by the Irish Long Distance Swimming Association (ILDSA). He completed the swim between Donaghadee, Northern Ireland, and Portpatrick, Scotland, in 10 hours 41 minutes, accompanied by support vessel J&F MacFarlane piloted by Quinton Nelson.
This also makes Koli the youngest person overall to complete a swim of the North Channel.
As per ILDSA rules, the route must follow the Admiralty Chart 2198, Southern Part, which measures 18.6 nautical miles (21.5 miles; 35 kilometres).
Koli is on his way to completing the Oceans Seven challenge, which involves swimmers traversing seven notable waterways, as set out by the World Open Water Swimming Association (WOWSA). The North Channel crossing represented his fifth swim out of seven; as of Sep 2019, he has only one swim to go to achieve the Oceans Seven:
- English Channel (England to France) on 20 September 2015: 13 hours 14 minutes
- Catalina Channel (Santa Catalina Island to the California mainland, USA) on 8 August 2016: 10 hours 30 minutes
- Molokai Channel (Molokai Island to Oahu, Hawaii, USA) on 7 June 2017: 17 hours 22 minutes
- Tsugaru Channel (Honshu to Hokkaido, Japan) on 11 September 2017: 9 hours 52 minutes
- North Channel (Northern Ireland to Scotland, UK) on 4 August 2018: 10 hours 41 minutes
- Strait of Gibraltar (Europe to Africa) on 21 April 2019: 4 hours 25 minutes