- Prabhat Koli
- 23:217 year(s):day(s)
- New Zealand ()
On 1 March 2023, Prabhat Koli (India, b. 27 July 1999) became the youngest person to complete the Oceans Seven open-water swimming challenge aged 23 years 217 days, when he successfully completed the crossing of the Cook Strait between New Zealand's North and South Islands in 8 hours 41 minutes.
The Oceans Seven, the open-water swimming community's equivalent of the Seven Summits, was first proposed by Steven Munatones of the World Open Water Swimming Association and consists of the following waterways around the world: the North Channel between Northern Ireland and Scotland, the Cook Strait between the North and South Islands of New Zealand, the Molokai/Kaiwi Channel between Oahu and Molokai Islands in Hawaii, the English Channel between England and France, the Catalina Channel between Catalina Island and the Southern California mainland, the Tsugaru Channel between the islands of Honshu and Hokkaido in Japan and the Strait of Gibraltar between Europe and Africa.
Koli's swims took place as follows:
- 20 September 2015, English Channel, from England to France, 33.8 km, completed in 13 hours 14 minutes.
- 8 August 2016, Catalina Channel, from Santa Catalina Island to the Southern California mainland, 32.3 km, completed in 10 hours 30 minutes 6 seconds.
- 21 October 2011, Molokai/Kaiwi Channel, from Molokai Island to Oahu, 42 km, completed in 17 hours 22 minutes.
- 11 September 2017, Tsugaru Channel, from Honshu to Hokkaido in Japan, 19.5 km, completed in 9 hours 52 minutes.
- 4 August 2018, North Channel, from Northern Ireland to Scotland, 35 km, completed in 10 hours 41 minutes. This also represented the youngest person to swim across the North Channel, aged 19 years 8 days.
- 21 April 2019, Strait of Gibraltar, from Spain to Morocco, 14.4 km, completed in 4 hours 22 minutes.
- 1 March 2023, Cook Strait, from North Island to South Island, 23 km, completed in 8 hours 41 minutes.