Dr. Mambet Mamakeev, a widely distinguished surgeon in Kyrgyzstan, was awarded the record title for longest career as a surgeon on 29th February 2020.
Dr. Mamakeev was also presented with the prestigious title of Honorary Citizen of the Republic of Kyrgyzstan in recognition of his achievements in the medical profession.
Born in 1927, Dr. Mamakeev decided to pursue a life of medicine in 1952, and then specialized in medical surgery from 1953 onwards.
Currently residing in Bishkek (Kyrgyzstan), Dr Mamakeev has thought to have performed over 30,000 surgical interventions and consulted/treated a minimum of 100,000 patients with various surgical requirements.
That number of people almost beats the record title for the largest crowd for a basketball game!
Here are some of the milestones from his medical career path:
- 1952 – became a resident doctor in the emergency surgery clinic, subsequently completed clinical residency and postgraduate studies
- 1952 - worked as an assistant in the department of hospital surgery at KSMI.
- 1962 to 1972 - associate professor at this department
- 1972 to 1974 - professor at the department
- 1974 to 2004, he worked as the head of the department of hospital surgery at KSMA
- 1996 to 2014 he worked as the director of the National Surgical Center of the Ministry of Health of the Kyrgyz Republic.
- From 2014 to the present - Honorary Director of the NHC MH KR.
Not only is Dr. Mamakeev a renowned surgeon, but he is also a teacher, author, and a public figure within the Kyrgyz community.
He created a National Surgical School in Kyrgyzstan, whose representatives work around the world. Dr. Mamakeev has also published over 200 scientific papers, including 8 monographs.
11 doctors and 22 candidates of medical sciences have been trained under his leadership.
“From the moment I heard this news, I felt myself younger and more energized. I still conduct 5-6 surgeries daily. Surgeons and doctors from around my country are congratulating me with this nomination. This is a great honor not only for me, but for all surgeons of the Kyrgyz Republic. I express my gratitude to the Guinness World Records team!” - Dr. Mambet Mamakeev
Interested in breaking a record title? Attempt to break a world record for brand awareness, a product launch, celebration, CSR, fundraising or employee engagement – find out more here, or contact us for more information.