Spanish serial record-breaker Christian Roberto López Rodríguez, 34, has set yet another world record, this time for the fastest 100 metres in high heels.
Christian clocked a time of 12.82 seconds, which is only 3.24 seconds slower than Usain Bolt’s 100-metre sprint world record!
The record was previously held by Germany’s André Ortolf, who achieved a time of 14.02 seconds in 2019.
Stiletto high-heeled shoes must be worn while attempting this record. The heels must be at least 7 cm (2.76 in) high and no more than 1.5 cm (0.59 in) wide at the tip, meaning platform shoes are not permitted.
As you can imagine, wearing stilettos hugely limits a runner’s stability and speed.
Fortunately, Christian managed to complete his superlative sprint without falling head over heels.
“The preparation was very exhaustive and specific,” Christian said.
“I find it very challenging to be able to run in high heels at high speed. In Spain there are races like this, and they have always gone well for me,” he added.
Christian said he attempted this record to prove that Type 1 diabetics such as himself “can do as much or more things than people without diabetes.”
This isn’t the first 100-metre world record that Christian has set. Here’s a list of them all in descending order of speed:
- Fastest 100 m blindfolded: 12.45 seconds
- Fastest 100 m in clogs: 12.58 seconds
- Fastest 100 m run backwards: 13.17 seconds
- Fastest 100 m balancing a baseball bat on a finger: 13.83 seconds
- Fastest 100 m balancing a guitar on a finger: 14.31 seconds
- Fastest 100 m carrying a waiting service tray: 14.51 seconds
- Fastest 100 m while balancing a table tennis ball on a bat: 14.69 seconds
- Fastest 100 m juggling three objects whilst blindfolded: 15.28 seconds
- Fastest 100 m balancing a pool cue on a finger: 15.32 seconds
- Fastest 100 m run backwards carrying a 60 lb pack: 23.45 seconds
- Fastest 100 m backwards on a single leg: 24.76 seconds
- Fastest 100 m in a sack: 25.96 seconds
Christian has also set a variety of other world records, including the longest duration balancing a bicycle on the chin (9 min 41 sec), the longest duration balancing an object on the nose (2 hr 42 min), and the most consecutive stairs climbed while juggling three objects (2,082).
Christian currently holds a whopping 57 Guinness World Records titles and has plans to break many more throughout 2023!
Want more? Follow us across our social media channels to stay up-to-date with all things Guinness World Records! You can find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, and Snapchat Discover.
Don’t forget, we’re also on YouTube!
Still not had enough? Follow the link here to buy our latest book, filled to the brim with stories about our amazing record breakers.