Eric "Badlands" Booker (USA), a rapper, competitive eater and YouTuber, has set an incredible new record for the fastest time to drink two litres of soda.
His YouTube channel BadlandsChugs, as the name suggests, is built around his talent for chugging drinks.
From mountains of Mountain Dew to an ice cold 44 oz Sprite, Badlands takes on challenge after challenge to see how quickly he can down different beverages.
For the first time however, Badlands decided to take his talents one step further - by earning himself a Guinness World Records title.
He managed to chug a two litre bottle of soda (sugar-free cola, if you were interested) in an incredible 18.45 seconds in Selden, New York, USA, on 19 May 2021.
"No better sound in the world than the fizziness of a fizzy drink" - Badlands Chugs
He had his son and wife acting as witnesses to the attempt. His son, Brandon Booker, aka "OK Hip Hop", helped his dad film the epic chug.
"Yes! That's what I'm talking about. That's delicious," he said after he'd finished the drink.
As you would expect after chugging 2 litres of carbonated liquid in under 20 seconds, Badlands had to let out an enormous burp after the attempt.
However, he did apologise for his bad manners. That's the price you pay for a record-breaking chug!
Badlands has been on YouTube since 26 September 2012 and has 2.99 million subscribers as well as 289,979,157 views on his channel.
His content mainly consists of chugging drinks for his viewers' enjoyment, but he also films chugging tutorials and occasionally branches out and takes on eating challenges, from huge bowls of popcorn to giant McDonald's meals.
As well as running his YouTube channel, Badlands has released nine rap albums and is also a competitive eater. He's currently ranked 23rd in Major League Eating™'s Eating Rankings.
With a solid background in competitive eating, perhaps in the future he will take on a food challenge - as well as defending his chugging title of course!
Other impressive drinking records
- Fastest time to drink a Capri Sun: 14.30 sec, achieved by Andre Ortolf (Germany), in Augsburg, Germany, on 5 June 2021.
- Fastest time to drink a bottle of maple syrup: 10.84 sec, achieved by Kevin "L.A. Beast" Strahle (USA) at the Guinness World Records office in New York, New York, USA, on 12 May 2017.
- Fastest time to drink a cup of coffee: 3.66 sec, achieved by Luke Ibbetson (UK), in London, UK, on 5 December 2020.
- Fastest time to drink 1 litre of water (hand stand): 56 sec, achieved by Anders Forselius (Sweden) in Berlin, Germany, on 8 June 2019.
- Fastest time to drink one litre of gravy: 38.22 sec, achieved by Steven Ruppel (USA) in Wausau, Wisconsin, USA, on 24 November 2020.