Its Easter weekend, the most important festival in the Christian calendar, and one also marked with chocolate eggs, hot cross buns, and folks dressing up in often quite scary bunny outfits.
To get you in the mood for the holiday, here are ten of the best Easter-temed world records.
1.The largest chocolate Easter egg weighed 7,200 kg (15,873 lbs 4.48 oz) and had a circumference of 19.6 m (64 ft 3.65 in) at its widest point and was made by Tosca (Italy). It was measured at Le Acciaierie Shopping Centre, in Cortenuova, Italy, in 2011.
2, The most expensive non-jewelled chocolate egg sold at auction for £7,000 ($11,107) and was created by William Curley, Amy Rose Curley, Alistair Birt, Sarah Frankland, Melissa Paul, Rhiann Mead (all UK) and Suzue Curley (Japan). It was sold at the Royal Courts of Justice, London, UK, on 20 March 2012.
3. Good Friday in Bermuda is marked with colorful, multi-sided kites made of sticks and tissue paper dotting skies all over the island.
The highest altitude by a single kite was achieved by Richard P Synergy (Canada) after achieving an altitude of approximately 4,422 m (14,509 ft) above the point of take-off on 12 August 2000 near Kincardine, Ontario, Canada.
The kite, a high-tech delta, had an area of 25 m2 (270 ft2) and was designed and built by Synergy himself.
At its maximum altitude the kite had 7.31 km (4.5 miles) of woven kevlar line connecting it to a winch on the ground. The record-breaking flight lasted 8 hr 35 min.
4. The largest Easter egg hunt consisted of 501,000 eggs that were searched for by 9,753 children accompanied by their parents at the Cypress Gardens Adventure Park in Winter Haven, Florida, USA, in 2007.
5. Similarly, the most entrants in an egg hunt competition is 12,773 and was achieved by The Fabergé Big Egg Hunt, as part of World Record London, in London, last year.
6. The record for the largest easter egg tree was set by Zoo Rostock GGmbH, Rostock, Germany who decorated a tree with 76,596 painted hens eggs on 8 April 2007.
7. The largest chocolate rabbit. weighed 3,850 kg (8,488 lb) and was made by Brazilian company Senac-RS, for the city of Gramado's annual "Chocofest" earlier this week.
To find out more about the super-sized bunny, click here.
8. On a similar big-eared tip, in 2007, community leaders in Delta, Ohio organized the largest bunny hop in honor of Delta High School, whose mascot is the rabbit.
A record 3,841 participants formed one continuous line and hopped like rabbits for a full five minutes to ensure they earned they’re place in the history books.
9. The largest hot cross bun weighed 168 kg (370 lb 6 oz) and was made by the RSPB in conjunction with Greenhalghs Bakery (both UK), in Bolton, UK, on 5 April 2012.
10. Finally, here’s a big bunny to end our list. Darius, a Flemish giant rabbit owned by Annette Edwards (UK), was found to be 129 cm (4 ft 3 in) long when measured in April 2010.