Guinness World Records™ and Festival of Media, created by C Squared Networks Ltd, today announce 15 brands have been shortlisted for its ‘Record-breaking Brand’ award for Festival of Media Global (6-8 April, Rome, Italy) .
The ‘Record-breaking Brand’ award is designed to recognize record holding brands that use Guinness World Records achievements in innovative media campaigns across all territories. The award category has been introduced into the 3 flagship events of the Festival of Media Conference and Awards series - Festival of Media Asia Pacific (16-18 March, Singapore); Festival of Media Global (6-8 April, Rome, Italy) and Festival of Media LatAm (1-3 October, Miami). The Festival of Media Asia Pacific ‘Record-breaking brand’ award winner will be announced next week.
Shortlisted media campaigns include live events, experiential activation and digital content creation; with record-breaking brands selected including Gillette, Sharp and Expedia. The full shortlist for the Record-breaking Brand award for The Festival of Media Global Awards is:
1. Expedia (UK) - Highest speed dating event on an aircraft
2. Darrell Lea Confectionery (Australia) - Largest Rocky Road
3. Astro Malaysia Holdings Bhd (Astro) (Malaysia) - Longest underwater clean-up
4. Fiji Airways (NZ) - Highest altitude wedding on an aircraft
5. Sohu IT (Asia Pac) - Largest smartphone ensemble
6. PhilipsAVENT (Asia Pac) - Largest online photo album of handwritten notes
7. Mondelēz International (MENA) - Largest donation of toys in 24 hours
8. Macmillan Children's Books (UK) - Longest chain of paper dolls
9. Grupo Santander (LatAm) - Largest Sports Trivia Competition
10. Nissan (MENA) - Heaviest aircraft pulled by a production car
11. Samsung GALAXY S4 zoom (Germany) - Largest Photo book
12. Kellogg’s (MENA) – Longest table & Largest cereal box
13. PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP (PwC) (US) - Largest financial literacy lesson - multiple venues
14. Sharp MEA FZE (MENA) - Largest packaged food mosaic
15. Gillette UK Ltd (UK) - Largest shaving lesson
Commenting on the shortlisted brands, Alistair Richards, Global President of Guinness World Records, said: "We are proud to have worked with the world’s leading brands to capture the power of record-breaking for their businesses. With Festival of Media, and its global award series, we are pleased to recognize our record holders who use Guinness World Records achievements in ever-more creative, innovative media campaigns. All those on the shortlist, from Gillette’s ‘largest shaving lesson’ to the ‘largest photo book’ created by Samsung Galaxy’, are deserving of the accolade, but it is up to the industry to determine which campaign will walk away with the award.”
Charlie Crowe, Chairman & Editor in Chief of C Squared Group, commented ‘’ We are particularly proud to be able to introduce to the global market a new category recognizing impactful brands and their creative record breaking media campaigns across the globe. The public vote is now open and we are looking forward to finding out who the winner of this new prestigious award is ‘’.
Public voting for the award opens today and closes on the 1st April 2014. The winner will be announced at the awards ceremony on 8 th of April in Rome, Italy.
To read full details for each of the nominees, along with your chance to cast your vote, click here: