News of pop singer Beyonce's pregnancy set a new Guinness World Records ™ record for most Tweets per second at the weekend.
The star announced that she was expecting her first child with rapper husband Jay-Z before a live performance at the MTV VMA Awards on Sunday.
The 29-year-old rubbed her five-month baby bump, before declaring: "I want you to feel the love that's growing inside me."
According to Twitter's official global PR feed, @TwitterComms, the news created a bump in traffic that saw 8,868 Tweets being sent per second.
The previous top five spikes in Twitter posts are as follows:
• 7,196 tweets were sent per second during the Women's World Cup final between Japan and the United States in July.
• 7,166 tweets per second were sent when Brazil lost to Paraguay in the Copa America.
• 6,939 tweets per second when Tokyo rang in the New Year.
• 5,530 tweets per second were sent after the March 11th earthquake that rocked Japan.
• More than 5,000 tweets per second were sent after Osama Bin Laden's death.
Make sure to follow @gwrnews on Twitter for all the latest updates from the amazing world of record breaking!