In order for us to verify your achievement, we require a number of pieces of evidence, this will vary depending on the record category you are applying for but this Guide To Your Evidence will direct you on your path to attempting an official Guinness World Records title and, hopefully, to becoming a Guinness World Records title holder – so we can say you are OFFICIALLY AMAZING.
Please use these templates to provide evidence for your record attempt. Refer to the guidelines section “Evidence checklist” to see what is needed for your attempt. Almost 30% of the submissions are not approved because the evidence is insufficient or incorrect. So please make sure you download and read the Guide to Your Evidence before you upload your documentation.
- Cover letter template A cover letter is required for ALL records. This is your opportunity to provide Guinness World Records with a clear overview of your record attempt. It’s a final summary you complete before submitting your evidence, as it will provide a road map for our records management team when evaluating the accompanying evidence. Please use this downloadable form to submit a Cover Letter.
- Witness statement templateEvery record attempt requires 2 witness statements. Witness statements are statements of authentication that must be filled out by independent individuals who verify all relevant details of a record attempt. Refer to Guide to Your Evidence for a definition of ‘independent’. Remember that several records will require a Specialist Witness Statement – see Guide to Your Evidence for further details. Please use these templates to submit your general and Specialist Witness Statements.
- Steward statement template For a mass participation record we require Stewards to supervise groups of 50 or fewer participants, in order to disqualify any attendees who do not successfully take part in the record attempt. Please give your Stewards these templates to fill out. You need to upload all Steward Statements as part of your evidence. If your mass participation record involves more than 5,000 people, the counting process must be done by an auditing firm and it is still compulsory to submit steward statements in addition to the auditors’ report.
- Endurance marathon log book template Please use this template for all records lasting more than one hour. Your witnesses will to indicate all timings and activity in the logbook.
- Other documents Depending on your record you will be required to upload other documents, such as a Medical Statement, Auditor’s Report, Timekeeper Statement, etc. Please refer to the Guidelines section “Evidence checklist” for further details. There are no templates for these documents, so please ensure that the persons preparing these statements indicate their credentials and contact details.
- Schedule 1 Please read in full these important notes on the procedure of submission of materials & evidence. You do not need to sign this document, it’s only for your information.
- Schedule 2 Must be signed by handwriting and completed where you are submitting information, documents and/or other evidence that belongs to you (which we refer to as “Materials”), for example a photograph you took yourself, or information about you. Schedule We will not be able to process your evidence without Schedule two.
- Schedule 3 Must be signed by handwriting and completed if you are sending us information, documents and/or other evidence (which we refer to as “Materials”) where those Materials belong to someone other than you. You must ask the owner of the Materials to complete Schedule 3. Schedule 3 grants the rights in the Materials to GWR so that we may use those Materials for any purpose. If the Materials you are sending us are owned by more than one person (other than you), you must send us a separate Schedule 3 from each owner.