We are excited to announce that Guinness World Records 2017 Blockbusters! hits stores in the UK today, following the book's launch in the US and Australia earlier this year.
Our new title is jam-packed with the latest records from kids’ favourite movies, social media, music, toys and beyond.
Readers can learn about the real-life records behind popular fictional stories, including the world’s largest ocean creatures which served as inspiration for the characters in the 2016 hit movie, Finding Dory.
The book contains six engaging chapters featuring kid-focused activities, captivating features, top 10s and trivia based on the year’s smash hits.
The chapters include:
- Watch: Learn more about box office blockbusters such as Kung Fu Panda, Jungle Book, X-Men, Ice Age and much more
- Browse: Explore record-breaking vloggers, memes, and impressive social media feats from the digital worl
- Read: Delve into records from fan-favorites including Dr. Seuss, the Divergent series, Harry Potter and comic books
- Play: Examine amazing records relating to popular toys, from LEGO® and K’NEX to robots and drones
- Go: Check out jaw-dropping roller coasters, impressive circus performances, and attendance feats at sporting events in this section full of records involving outdoor activities and attractions
- Consume: Drool over records featuring delicious food, drinks, and sweets
Not only this, readers will also get the chance to attempt some Guinness World Records challenges and become blockbuster record holders themselves.
Mr Cherry, the hilarious star of BBC’s Officially Amazing TV show, recently visited the GWR London HQ to demonstrate the activities and offer some tips.
The book is already proving popular with families in the US, with a video review by record-breaking YouTube star EvanTubeHD having reached over 1.1 million views.
Guinness World Records Editor-in-Chief, Craig Glenday said: “We’re thrilled to be launching a brand new records book that puts an exciting new spin on record-breaking. Blockbusters! 2017 focuses on the trending topics that most appeal to our young readers – movies, TV shows, music, games, blogs, vlogs, and so on – and features all of their favourite characters, pop stars, actors, YouTubers and tech heroes. Readers can also take record-breaking to the next level and attempt some of the four challenges included in the book – a unique chance to not just read about record-breakers but also to become a record breaker!"
For more information on the records featured in Blockbusters! 2017, as well as exclusive interviews, online games and quizzes, visit our kids website.