Terms and Conditions
PRIZE DRAW TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Prize Draw Notices (as defined below) are the Prize Draw Rules ("Rules") and apply to competitions generally held by GWR as defined below including those run through www.guinnessworldrecords.com ("Site") ("Prize Draw"), unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering the Prize Draw, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
- The Prize Draw is organised by Guinness World Records Limited of Third Floor, 184-192 Drummond Street, London NW1 3HP ("GWR").
- Rules specific to each Prize Draw are displayed at the relevant part of the Site or have been provided to you previously whether by email or in print form (including details of the prizes offered by GWR) ("Prize Draw Notice") and are incorporated into the Rules. In the event of differences or discrepancy between these terms and conditions and the Prize Draw Notice, the Prize Draw Notice shall prevail.
- GWR reserves the right to cancel or amend the Prize Draw or the Rules without notice in the event of an act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside GWR's reasonable control. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or the Prize Draw Notice. A copy of the Rules may also be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: Prize Draw Rules, GWR, Third Floor, 184-192 Drummond Street, London NW1 3HP.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to the Prize Draw, the decision of GWR shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Employees (or members of the families or households of employees) of GWR or any company involved in the Prize Draw or, if relevant, production of a television programme to which the Prize Draw relates, or any advertising agency or web company connected with the Prize Draw or any such person’s subsidiary or associated companies, are not eligible to enter the Prize Draw. GWR reserves the right not to award a prize (and to select an alterative winner) if GWR is aware or has reasonable grounds to believe that a winner is not eligible.
- By entering the Prize Draw, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. GWR reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
- The address you provide with your competition entry ("Entry") will be used to send any prizes so please make sure this is correct. Unless stated otherwise in the Competition Notice, The Competition is only open to residents of the United Kingdom and you are not entitled to enter the Competition if you are resident outside of the United Kingdom. Where a Competition is open to entrants from outside the United Kingdom, you are not entitled to enter the Competition if you are resident in a country or jurisdiction where the Competition may breach any law or regulation. Where this applies, GWR’s invitation to enter the Competition in such country and/or jurisdiction is withdrawn.
- If the Prize Draw is only open to a certain age group, this will be set out in the Prize Draw Notice and GWR assumes that by entering the Prize Draw (and you warrant that) you are the appropriate age to enter the Prize Draw.
- Further to paragraph 8 above, the Prize Draw is void if despite being above GWR’s minimum age requirement you are under the minimum age required to enter the Prize Draw under the applicable local laws.
- GWR reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
- In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Prize Draw, GWR in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
Prize Draw Entries
- Unless stated otherwise in the Prize Draw Notice, you may enter the Prize Draw only once (an “Entry”); where a winner has been selected and GWR discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has used any software or automated process either to answer questions or to make bulk entries, GWR may select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Rules.
- Entries must be made online through guinnessworldrecords.com/gamers on or after 05 July 2013 and before 15 September 2013 (the “Closing Date”). Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
- There is no purchase requirement to enter the Prize Draw.
- Proof of emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. GWR cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of server functions, technical issues, virus, bugs or other causes outside GWR’s control.
- Unless stated otherwise in the Prize Draw Notice, prize winners will either be chosen at random from all correct Entries (for competitions involving answering questions or where entry is by emailing or otherwise providing a name and/or contact details to GWR) or from all submitted entries (where creative or artistic merit or other subjective criteria apply to entries, within twenty eight (28) days of the Closing Date. Tie-breakers will be judged by GWR and, if required by law, by an independent adjudicator. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) and GWR shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Prize winners will be notified by GWR no later than one month following the closing date (and may be contacted by GWR or GWR’s nominated supplier(s)). Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded.
- Prize Draw winner(s)’ names may be published on the website or you can write to Prize Draw Winners, GWR, Third Floor, 184-192 Drummond Street, London, NW1 3HP naming the specific competition including a self-addressed stamped envelope for a list of winners.
- Following notification by GWR under paragraph 18, failure to claim a prize within a reasonable time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. GWR reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- Prizes are awarded at GWR’s discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant. Where Entries are being judged on creative or artistic merit or other subjective criteria, GWR and/or the Prize Draw judges (acting reasonably) reserve the right not to select a winner, and/or to remove or amend selection criteria and/or the structure and operation of the Prize Draw if Entries are not of the requisite standard.
- Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Prize Draw Notice and must be observed. GWR reserves the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
- All taxes, insurances, transfers and other expenses as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
Intellectual Property Rights and Use of Entries
- GWR does not, unless we agree this with you, claim any rights of ownership in your Entry. As such, you retain ownership of your Entry and, although GWR will be able to use Entries as set out in the Rules, you will also have the right to use your Entry in any way you choose. Where any Entry is to be used in a different way this will be made clear on the Site and you will then be able to choose whether to enter the Prize Draw. If you win a prize, as a condition to receipt of that prize, you may be required to sign a release form (in GWR's then current standard form) in connection with the prize-winning submission.
- In consideration of GWR agreeing to consider entrants to the Prize Draw, each entrant hereby agrees that GWR (and third parties authorised by GWR) may make any and all Entries available on the Site and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, which may include other internet sites, mobile, television and/or radio and that Entries may be made available with advertising and/or sponsorship. You now grant GWR (and third parties authorised by GWR) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence (for the full period of any rights in the Entry) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works or podcasts from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the Entry for such purposes.
- GWR does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any Entry. GWR may also, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason.
- Your Entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that your Entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, GWR reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
- Where the Prize Draw includes the submission of content to www.facebook.com, you should be aware that Facebook’s own terms and conditions will apply to the submission of that content and accordingly, you should familiarise yourself with such terms.
- GWR cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Prize Draw or as a result of accepting any prize. GWR is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination of these, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Prize Draw. Nothing shall exclude GWR’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
- Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and GWR reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.
- You consent to the transfer of your personal data from your country of residence to the UK and to such other countries as are reasonably necessary for GWR’s purposes below.
- Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s prior consent.
- You agree that we may contact you by email regarding matters relating to GWR including news, promotions and events. You may unsubscribe from GWR’s mailing list at any time by contacting GWR.
- The Prize Draw and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales. GWR makes no representation that materials on the Site relating to this Prize Draw are appropriate or available for use at other locations and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is strictly prohibited.
How to contact us
- You can contact us in relation to any Prize Draw by writing to GWR Prize Draws, GWR, Third Floor, 184-192 Drummond Street, London, NW1 3HP.