- Register for an account
- You will receive an email with an activation link. Click on the link, and you will be brought to a dashboard page.
- Click on the green ‘Apply for a record’ button.
- Search for the record that you want to break.
- When you find the record, click the ‘Apply Now’ button. If you cannot find the record you can apply for a new one by clicking ‘Apply for a new record title’ at the bottom of the page.
- Complete the application form.
Once you have submitted your Standard Application, our dedicated Records Management Team at Guinness World Records HQ will review the application. If it can be accepted, we will make the Record Guidelines available to you via your online account, as well as the Guide to Your Evidence. This outlines the evidence you need to submit in order for Guinness World Records to assess the outcome of your record title attempt. This document will also include printable templates of documents to submit to us.
Visit our Guide to Evidence page to get an idea of the evidence you need to provide as part of your record attempt.
All evidence must be submitted online. You can upload your evidence by logging into your account. Please do not send evidence to Guinness World Records by post as all file types are accepted online.
After this, our expert Records Management Team will assess your evidence. If your attempt is verified as successful, we will send you one complimentary Official GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ Record-Holder Certificate to confirm your record-holder status!
Please do not send us evidence before submitting an application and receiving your guidelines, as we will not be able to process it.